Winners of the "Beauty of the nanoworld" image competition
Monday, 12 July 2021
Congratulations to the winners of the image competition, “Beauty of the nanoworld”. We had several qualifying entries and beautiful images of various samples. Selecting a winner was a challenging task for our panel of judges. After extensive review, the judges selected the following entries as winners of the competition.
Atomic lattice image of mica submitted by Hans Gunstheimer from the the University Ilmenau, Germany.
Instrument: Nanosurf DriveAFM
Shared second place
Static force mode image of horse semen submitted by Héctor Pérez Ladrón de Guevara from the Universidad de Guadalajara in México.
Instrument: Nanosurf Easyscan 2 AFM
Shared third place:
- Dynamic mode images of human Erythrocytes submitted by Alejandra Loyola-Leyva, UASLP México.
- Dynamic mode image of cultured red blood cells with fascinating deformation submitted by Tatjana Kolesnik from the Medical university of Graz, Austria.
- Dynamic mode image of Kinetically driven growth of Germanium oxide/Germanium steps on rough surface of Germanium substrate submitted by Alexey S.T. Rybakov and Lea L. Meyer from the Leibniz University in Hannover, Germany.
- Static force mode image of decellularized spinach leaf scaffold seeded with A549 human lung cells submitted by Ashlee Harris from the University of Arizona, USA.
- Static force mode image of carbon nanodot clusters submitted by Jacob Ediger of Central Methodist University, USA.
- Dynamic mode image of Mimosa Pudica Seed particles submitted by Tim Griswold of Microbe Formulas in Idaho, USA.
We are planning on holding similar competitions in the future and are looking forward to an enthusiastic participation from the users of our instruments.