To expand our Development team, we are currently looking for a Research Engineer
Nanosurf is a fast-growing innovator in the nanotechnology market. We develop, manufacture and market state-of-the-art scanning probe microscopes for imaging and manipulation of surfaces at the nanometer range. We work at the limit of what is physically possible and develop all the mechanical, electronic, optical and software components necessary for best-in-class instruments. For our headquarters near Basel, Switzerland, we are looking for a creative and dynamic personality to extend our development team in the position of
You are a mechanical engineer, physicist, or similar, with experience in the mechanical design and construction of systems integrating mechanical, optical, and electrical components, such as scientific instrumentation, robotic systems, or precision stages. Ideally, during your studies or previous work experience, you have designed, optimized, constructed, and characterizedhigh precision instruments.
- An advanced degree (M.Sc.) with 3+ years of work experience or a Ph.D. in a relevant field.
- Competency with mechanical design and simulation software (e.g. Solidworks, Comsol), in the preparation of technical documentation for manufacture and with basic programming skills is required, familiarity with software for optical or electronic design is an advantage
- Hands-on lab skills in the construction and characterization of prototype systems
- Capability to work independently as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Eager to learn new skills and to challenge the status quo
- You are interested in nanotechnology; experience with AFM or another microscopy technique is not required but would be an advantage
- Effective communication and good social skills
- Fluency in English is required; German is an advantage
- Together with input from project team members and product management, develop technical implementation concepts in new product development
- Optimize mechanical design through simulation, construct high-quality CAD models, and prepare technical documentation for manufacture of mechanical parts
- Construct prototype systems and perform system testing and characterization
What we offer
A place where we value your experience and competence. We offer support for your personal and technical growth as an employee at Nanosurf. We have flexible working terms depending on your needs and Nanosurf organizes social events on a regular basis for its employees to foster a good relationship between all its employees and across all Nanosurf organizations.
Please submit your application for this position to [email protected]
Download as PDF